Popular Posts

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Anonymous


With all due respect to the tv show Cheers, sometimes you need to go where NOBODY knows your name.
Where you are completely anonymous and can reveal your inner-most, barely dare to say aloud thoughts and feelings. Where you can blurt without fear of repercussions and recriminations or judgement. Someplace where it's ok to say the things that you really shouldn't, or that you don't really mean but feel like you will explode if you don't vocalize them.

It's not easy to find a place like that. I found one once, but I am drawn to people, to communities, and eventually I developed real relationships with people, and they knew who I was, and I knew who they were and we cared about what each other thought and felt and sometimes it was them that I needed to talk about where no one knew and oh yeah... wait. No more anonymous.

So I'm back to whispering out loud to myself in the dark because if I don't say them are they real? It's like if a tree falls in the forest I suppose.

I can't be the only one that feels like this... we're all full of secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment